Our open positions
Agile Development Team Members
Projects here at Ignition72 are made using Agile methodology, and a wide variety of source technologies. Maybe you’re an expert at one language or system; perhaps you have a wide-ranging skillset. Either way, there may be a place for you in one of our project teams.
You must be highly collaborative, self-starting, detail oriented.
Remote or in-office engagements available for individuals or pre-existing teams.
Is this you? Get in touch today!
The impact you’ll have:
- You’ll have continuous collaboration with Product Managers, Product Owners, and Development Team members to translate business requirements and user stories into working software
- You’ll use Agile Development methodologies and work within a self-directed team to produce results within expected and committed time-frames
- You’ll demonstrate excellent people skills with an ability to influence others and form strong relationships
- You’ll encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- You’ll inspire and motivate within any assigned team to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
The talents you’ll bring:
- Bring your Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Your 2+ years of knowledge and expertise in web programming will be essential
- Areas of expertise (please let us know what yours are):
- Databases: MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, etc.
- Languages: .NET, PHP, Angular, Node, Ruby, etc.
- Content Management Systems: WordPress, Drupal, Umbraco, BigTree, Wix, SharePoint, etc.
- Tools: Git, Jira, Slack, etc.
- Your strong initiative and resilience to maintain drive in an environment that is rapidly evolving and changing constantly.
- Your dedication to delivering outstanding service – commitment to deliver outcomes in an ambiguous environment.
- Don’t forget your positive personality with eagerness to share ideas from others.
Can work front end or backend and everything in between.
Ignition72 is a small company that builds websites, tools, apps, portal VR and AR products, and just about anything else that lives on the web. We are looking to supplement our development team with a junior person who shares our enthusiasm for building quality products for the web.
Ignition72 is looking for an account manager to manage several key customer accounts. In this role, you would communicate with clients on a daily basis, building a long-lasting relationship, helping them understand the project process, and managing their expectations. This is a junior-level position, with the possibility of advancement. Salary is $35,000 – $50,000, depending on experience.
Specific responsibilities include
You will have dual roles, depending on the needs of the company from day-to-day. As an account manager, your role is to manage the delivery of quality web development projects on time and on budget. Here’s how a typical project works:
- After a new client has signed a contract, the Managing Partner—Strategy will work with that client to research, plan, and get their approval on a complete and thorough planning document. Following the client’s approval of that document, the project moves to Operations, where it will be fully executed.
- During the life of the project, you will be in regular contact with the client, answering questions, gathering more information, and keeping them informed of progress. You will track that all internal project resources are on schedule and on budget to meet the delivery schedule, and notify the Managing Partner –Operations of all progress and adherence to the schedule and budget.
- After a project has been completed, you will conduct training for the client so they know how to use what’s been built, and you will keep in touch to ensure they are happy with the results.
Ignition72 engages in all kinds of web development projects, including websites, apps, animated videos, and games.
- Previous experience in a customer service position
- Interest in the how the web works
- Able to use common web tools like Slack, Google docs, and others
- Highly organized and analytical
- Skilled at communicating in person, via email, and over Skype or Join.Me
- Not afraid to set priorities and follow up on them
- Extremely patient and personable
- Able to complete tasks without close supervision
Additionally, you will be asked to do many other tasks. These include conducting research, taking notes, and participating in company meetings. You may be asked to manage internal company processes; load content on websites, and step in to help on other projects. You will help prepare for and attend project planning meetings and help draft planning documents for client approval. You will conduct extensive research prior to planning meetings, possibly including small surveys to gauge customer perception of the new client’s digital footprint.
Development Project Manager
As a Development Project Manager, your job is to manage multiple development teams across specific projects while interfacing with teammates within Account Management and Design. Your main responsibilities are controlling the development process to ensure each project is completed on time and on budget. Salary is $45,000 – $65,000, depending on experience.
Specific responsibilities include
- Defining your process collaboratively, communicating that process with the teams and keeping things on track
- Managing daily team calls
- Planning workflow for agile projects
- Maintaining an awareness of the project hours and/or budget and alerting management to potential issues
- Suggesting process improvements for internal and external teams
- Being a radiator of information and utilizing different communication styles/tools
- Motivating and supporting team members
- Acting as the eyes and ears of the offsite teams
- Maintaining the appropriate level of urgency
- Assisting Account Management team with client communications and trainings
- Analyzing project performance and assisting with retrospectives
- Being collaborative, open, clear, and thorough
- Comfortable with current technologies and a sincere curiosity regarding new and upcoming technologies
- Familiar with agile workflow
- Familiar enough with the tools your team is using to know if they are using them efficiently, and know when there are gaps in your team’s knowledge
- Able to tell good code from bad at a basic level and communicate appropriate resolutions
- Able to communicate technical concepts in a non-technical way to clients as needed
- Experienced, with 5+ years in a professional environment, with 1+ year managing teams
- Have general knowledge of web development technologies and common content management systems
- Personable, detail-oriented, comfortable with change, and a team player
Desirable but not required
- Scrum Master, or scrum training
- Agile project experience
- Knowledge of managing projects using Jira and other agile workflow tools